Artwork by Phillip Frazier
Order the Conference T-Shirt for $25, including shipping directly to you. To buy a t-shirt after the conference, place your order by September 12th.
SCHEDULE + DETAILS
10:30-11:30 Keynote + SA Group Shout Outs
Shameka Andrews, author and advocate will speak
We will give the self advocacy groups on the call a chance to say hello to everyone.
11:30-1:30 LUNCH BREAK
1:30 - 2:30 Workshops Session A
1) Presentation Skills - Brothers & Sisters in Advocacy
Tips for making presentations and telling your story, from some experienced presenters
2) Building Your Own Self Care Tool Box - Shameka Andrews
A conversation about things that work for us, things that give us challenges and how we deal with them positively.
3) Advocating for Home Health Aides: Caring Majority - Renee Christian & Julia Ferrard
What Fair Pay is, why it is important, and how we use direct action to fight for it.
4) Making Healthy Cleaning Supplies - PatiAine Guzinski
Learn how to make healthy and environmentally safe cleaning supplies on a budget
3:00 - 4:30 Workshops Session B
1) Adventure Time: Authors- Kim Henchen, Shameka Andrews, & Janet Harrison
Self-advocate authors share their works and talk about having a creative life!
2) Transportation Advocacy - Mike Rogers, Stephanie Speaker, Allen Fontaine, Russell Johnson & Steve Barsh
See our video, learn how to write a letter, and talk to self advocates who advocate for transportation.
3) The Journey of the Southern Tier Raiders - BJ Stasio, Roger Quick, Estella Rudinger, Joe Chambers + members of Southern Tier Raiders
Meet the members of the new group the Southern Tier Raiders, learn what they do, and how they starting meeting online. This is a 1/2 hour workshop.
4) Moving to California - Michelle Gordon
Michelle moved from Rochester, NY to California. Learn about her journey! This is a 1/2 hour workshop.
4:30-6:30 DINNER BREAK
6:30 - 7:30 Meet & Greet + Comedy
Meet people from other groups and enjoy some fun and connection.
2:30 - 2:45pm Keynote
Sam Mattle, CSA Director will speak about starting his own non-profit
2:45 - 3:45pm Workshop Sessions
1) Self Love - Renee Christian
What does it look like to love and care for yourself everyday?
2) Safety in the Community + Advocating for Sidewalks and Crosswalks - Russell Johnson, Sheila Bush, Michelle Fagyas, & Don Solberg
Walking, biking, and taking the bus in the community: do you know the signs? What can we do to advocate for better sidewalks?
3) Internet Tips and Tools - Mike Rogers & Kim Lewis
Tips for staying safe online and how to find the free, built-in tools that make using the internet more accessible for you.
4) Stories of the DSP Crisis - BJ Stasio, Chester Finn, & Joe MacBeth
Sharing positive and negative things about the crisis + what we can do to prevent future crisis.
4:00 - 5:00pm Tribute to Those We Have Lost
5:00-6:00 DINNER BREAK
6:00 - 7:00pm Happy Hour + Dance Party
OTHER WAYS YOU CAN SUPPORT THE
Don't Stop, Won't Stop: Join, Learn, Share
WE CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!
Thank you for registering to join us at the WNY/FL Regional Self-Advocacy Conference, Don't Stop, Won't Stop: Join, Learn, Share! A purchase receipt will arrive in your inbox shortly. Keep the momentum going by sharing with your friends on social media: